Enhancing the competitiveness of tourism in the EU
Successfully sent to your email address.
Error occured. Please try again or contact administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An evaluation of 20 cases of innovation and good practice
Concrete measures have been developed across Europe to increase the competitiveness of the European tourism industry. This report aims at evaluating the effectiveness of a number of Member States' tourism policies/practices and stimulating an exchange of good practices among Member States to improve competitiveness in the sector.
The report presents 20 cases of good practice, broadly illustrating one of 4 major themes:
- Extending the season and diversifying the supply of tourist services
- Training, skills development and building capacity
- Developing the use of ICT
- Marketing and promotion
DG Enterprise and Industry is active in promoting the exchange of good practices in key policy areas for industrial competitiveness aiming at supporting policy development and learning process among Member States. The aim is to support policy development and learning among Member States and to promote increased competitiveness by highlighting well-substantiated good practice.
Exchange of good practices
Exchanges of good practice can serve as a useful guidance for policy makers when designing and implementing microeconomic policies or structural reforms.
In the Industrial Policy Communication of 28 October 2010, the Commission committed itself to promote cooperation on policies across the EU and invited Member States to engage in exchanges of good practice. In this context, DG Enterprise & Industry launched a new series of exchange of good practice. The aim is to support policy development and learning among Member States and to promote increased competitiveness by highlighting well-substantiated good practice.
Final reports of good practice projects commissioned by European Commission - Enterprise & Industry:
- Exchange of good policy practices promoting the industrial uptake and deployment of key enabling technologies pdf - 6 MB [6 MB] .
- Exchange of good policy practices promoting Innovative/Green Business Models pdf - 3 MB [3 MB] .
- Exchange of good practice in foreign direct investment promotion pdf - 4 MB [4 MB] .
- Enhancing the competitiveness of tourism in the EU – an evaluation approach to establishing 20 cases of innovation and good practice pdf - 2 MB [2 MB] .
* summary of the report pdf - 750 KB [750 KB]
* annex B pdf - 4 MB [4 MB] (Good Practice Cases)